Summer Enrichment Program
The Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) is for current Illinois Wesleyan students of color
and international students. The program focuses on three major areas: academic, professional and personal growth. As participants of the program, students have a paid internship, learn from formal
training workshops and work on a summer-long project servicing the Bloomington-Normal
community. These activities are designed to enhance the students' team building and
leadership skills. Consequently, those who successfully complete the program will
be awarded a scholarship ($1,000).
SEP 2021 will run from June 1st through August 1st and students will be housed on
campus at no cost.
Students wishing to apply to be a part of the 2021 cohort must meet the following
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Be a rising sophomore, junior or senior (current first-year to junior class standing).
- Cannot have previously participated in SEP.
- Commit to participating in the full program from June 1st through August 1st.
- Commit to engaging in an internship for between 24 to 32 hours per week
- Attend weekly on-campus meetings on Thursdays throughout June and July to engage in
discussions, workshops and activities related to cultural, career and leadership development.
- Submit an online application and contact two IWU faculty or professional staff members,
and/or current or recent employers to complete a recommendation. It is preferred that
one recommendation is from a staff member and one from a faculty member. References
can complete their recommendation forms here.
- Attend the SEP meet and greets in March and April.
- Attend check-in meetings regarding your internship placement in March and April.